Tenth Avenue Band and Extinction Rebellion Benefit Night
and several short documentaries and films about opencast coal mining in the North East
Fri 31 May // 19:00 / Venue Space
Tickets: £8 and £4 concessions through Ticketsource and on door
Tenth Avenue Band is pleased to be collaborating with Extinction Rebellion in organising this benefit gig against open coal mining in the North East to:
· raise funds for local campaigns against dirty opencast coal mining which will pollute our air, and add to climate change
· to raise awareness of the urgency of fighting climate change
We are planning a richly varied evening of entertainment, information and discussion. There’ll be stalls, films and speakers from local campaigns against opencast mining and climate change. Speakers from Pont Valley Campaign, Extinction Rebellion, Defend Dewley Hill and Youth Strike 4 Climate. Vegan food £5 and cakes £2 served from 7 pm.
3 bands will entertain in the Event Space:
19:30 - 20:15: Appletwig Songbook
20:45 - 21:30: Jammshed
22:00 - 22:45: Tenth Avenue Band
Extinction Rebellion groups have sprung up worldwide including in the North East as the risk to our future has become clear and are calling on our Government to:
- declare a climate emergency
- tell the truth about the dangers of climate change happening now which put all of our lives at risk
- urgently pass laws that will reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2025
- set up local citizens assemblies so that we the people can make sure climate change plans are acted upon in our localities and that we hold the Government to account.
Extinction Rebellion urges every one of us to join in the rebellion. This may include taking non-violent direct action to get these urgent messages across!